Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Wed March 27, 2013
American pianist, Van Cliburn, achieved worldwide fame in 1958 when he won the first International Piano Competition in Moscow.
At the height of the Cold War, Nikita Khrushchev had to give his permission for an American to receive the award.
Van Cliburn was given a New York City ticker-tape parade, the only time the honor has been accorded a classical musician.