Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes On Music
Wed March 27, 2013
American pianist, Van Cliburn, achieved worldwide fame in 1958 when he won the first International Piano Competition in Moscow.
At the height of the Cold War, Nikita Khrushchev had to give his permission for an American to receive the award.
Van Cliburn was given a New York City ticker-tape parade, the only time the honor has been accorded a classical musician.