Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sun November 10, 2013
Veterans Day Activities in Central Arkansas
There are a number of events being hosted Monday in Central Arkansas in observance of Veterans Day.
Those wishing to publicly acknowledge the service of veterans have a range of of activities choose from starting at 11 a.m. Governor Mike Beebe will be speaking in Little Rock's River Market district in conjunction with the 106th Army Band. At the same time in Cabot Representative Rick Crawford will be at an American Legion sponsored ceremony.
Later on at 1 o'clock the state's oldest American Legion post in Little Rock will be hosting festivities honoring members belonging to the group for more than 50 years.
A number of museums and recreation areas will be waving some of their fees, including the Clinton Library, Jacksonville's Military History Museum, Beaver Lake, and Greers Ferry.
Jacob Kauffman, KUAR News