Most Active Stories
- Second Largest Payout Ever Could Be Big for Arkansas Lottery Commission Revenue
- As Arkansas Remains Highly Obese, State Health Officials Consider New Solutions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Lt. Gov. Darr Goes Before Ethics Commission For Spending
- What You'll Hear On KUAR This Holiday Season
Sat June 1, 2013
Violence In Turkey Casts Shadow On Olympic Bid
Originally published on Sat June 1, 2013 5:11 pm
The city of Istanbul for the fifth time is bidding to host the 2020 summer Olympics. It pitched itself as "an emerged nation" to the Olympic Committee. But at the same time, NPR's Peter Kenyon tells guest host Wade Goodwyn, images of police firing tear gas canisters and water cannons at anti-development protesters seemed to send a different kind of message this week.