Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Wagner And His Critics
It seems that one either loves or hates the music of Richard Wagner, and, as with many composers, music critics also fall into this category, and many at the time were disparaging of his music.
Wagner takes some revenge, however, in his opera, Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg, he caricatures a music critic named Beckmesser as a sour and most unfriendly and unlikable man.