Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Wagner And His Critics
It seems that one either loves or hates the music of Richard Wagner, and, as with many composers, music critics also fall into this category, and many at the time were disparaging of his music.
Wagner takes some revenge, however, in his opera, Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg, he caricatures a music critic named Beckmesser as a sour and most unfriendly and unlikable man.