Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue December 3, 2013
Wal-Mart Heiress Alice Walton Has Drunken Driving Arrest Expunged
Alice Walton, daughter of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton, has had her record wiped clean of a drunken driving arrest in Texas. The case was set for an expungement hearing on Monday in Parker County, Texas.
Walton was arrested in October 2011 by a Texas Highway Patrol trooper but formal charges were never filed.
The two-year statute of limitations has expired and officials say the trooper who arrested her was suspended and not available to testify.
Assistant Prosecutor Fred Barker said in October that he expected the expungement request would be granted.
On Monday told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette only that it is a criminal offense to acknowledge an expungement and said he had no information to provide.
Forbes magazine ranks Walton the eighth most-wealthy American, worth $33.5 billion. Wal-Mart is based in Bentonville, Ark.