Most Active Stories
- Authorities: Suspect In Murder Of Realtor Had Appointment To View Home
- Suspect Arrested In Disappearance Of Arkansas Real Estate Agent
- Cotton's Farm Bill Ad Found To Be False By Three Fact Checkers
- Authorities Search For Missing Little Rock Real Estate Agent
- Exhibit On Arkansas Times Showcases 40 Years
Local & Regional News
Tue December 3, 2013
Wal-Mart Heiress Alice Walton Has Drunken Driving Arrest Expunged
Alice Walton, daughter of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton, has had her record wiped clean of a drunken driving arrest in Texas. The case was set for an expungement hearing on Monday in Parker County, Texas.
Walton was arrested in October 2011 by a Texas Highway Patrol trooper but formal charges were never filed.
The two-year statute of limitations has expired and officials say the trooper who arrested her was suspended and not available to testify.
Assistant Prosecutor Fred Barker said in October that he expected the expungement request would be granted.
On Monday told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette only that it is a criminal offense to acknowledge an expungement and said he had no information to provide.
Forbes magazine ranks Walton the eighth most-wealthy American, worth $33.5 billion. Wal-Mart is based in Bentonville, Ark.