Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue December 3, 2013
Wal-Mart Heiress Alice Walton Has Drunken Driving Arrest Expunged
Alice Walton, daughter of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton, has had her record wiped clean of a drunken driving arrest in Texas. The case was set for an expungement hearing on Monday in Parker County, Texas.
Walton was arrested in October 2011 by a Texas Highway Patrol trooper but formal charges were never filed.
The two-year statute of limitations has expired and officials say the trooper who arrested her was suspended and not available to testify.
Assistant Prosecutor Fred Barker said in October that he expected the expungement request would be granted.
On Monday told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette only that it is a criminal offense to acknowledge an expungement and said he had no information to provide.
Forbes magazine ranks Walton the eighth most-wealthy American, worth $33.5 billion. Wal-Mart is based in Bentonville, Ark.