Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
Warning Issued For Lake Hamilton Due To Debris
Garland County Sheriff Larry Sanders is warning boaters be extremely cautious on Lake Hamilton because of debris that's the result of recent severe weather.
Sanders says a large amount of debris such as trees, logs, brush and silt are already in the lake and more is being washed toward the lake. He says the next several days could be particularly dangerous and urges caution for the next several weeks.
Sanders says the debris is not only on the surface but that some is floating from 3 inches to a foot-and-a-half under water and is not visible.