Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
Warning Issued For Lake Hamilton Due To Debris
Garland County Sheriff Larry Sanders is warning boaters be extremely cautious on Lake Hamilton because of debris that's the result of recent severe weather.
Sanders says a large amount of debris such as trees, logs, brush and silt are already in the lake and more is being washed toward the lake. He says the next several days could be particularly dangerous and urges caution for the next several weeks.
Sanders says the debris is not only on the surface but that some is floating from 3 inches to a foot-and-a-half under water and is not visible.