Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Wed February 19, 2014
We Love Him For More Than Twizzles: Charlie White Plays Violin, Too
It's no secret that gold-winning American ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White have become favorite faces in Sochi. But it turns out that the charming White has done his share of woodshedding along with his hard work on the ice.
He celebrated yesterday by fulfilling a long-standing promise he'd made to the Today show: If he earned gold in Sochi, he'd come to their studio with his fiddle.
After his big win, he pulled out a student standard, the opening measures of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in A minor. He confessed that his command musical performance gave him some pause: "I think I maybe was more nervous for that," he said laughingly. "It's been a solid three years since I've played the violin."