Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon June 17, 2013
Weather Service Predicts Rainy Week For Arkansas
The National Weather Service says Arkansas will get a break from the summer heat this week.
Rain and thunderstorms are predicted for most of the state. Forecasters say northwest Arkansas should see rain beginning Monday morning, with the front moving to the central and southern parts of the state Monday afternoon and evening.
Forecasters say some isolated storms could be severe, but a widespread outbreak isn't expected.
The strongest storms could bring heavy rainfall locally to some areas. The rain chances continue Tuesday as the front stalls over the southern parts of Arkansas.
The weather service says scattered showers and thunderstorms will be in the forecast for the rest of the week.