Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Mon August 25, 2014
What Sound Can Tell You About Dangerous Places
Sound artist Peter Cusack travels the world recording sounds from dangerous places. The places are not particularly dangerous to the short-term visitor, like war zones, but places where there are dangers to the environment, and to the people who live there, such as Chernobyl and the old oil fields of Azerbaijan.
- Related: Discovering Lost Sounds
- Peter Cusack, field recordist, sound artist and musician. His new book is “Sounds from Dangerous Places.”