Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri June 28, 2013
What Supreme Court's Ruling on Voting Rights Could Mean for Arkansas
This week, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out a core part of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
It struck down the law's formula for determining which states must get federal approval before changing election rules.
KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward spoke with John DiPippa of the law school at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock for some analysis on what this decision means for Arkansas.