Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri June 28, 2013
What Supreme Court's Ruling on Voting Rights Could Mean for Arkansas
This week, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out a core part of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
It struck down the law's formula for determining which states must get federal approval before changing election rules.
KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward spoke with John DiPippa of the law school at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock for some analysis on what this decision means for Arkansas.