Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Wed March 5, 2014
When Niccoló Paganini Broke His Strings
Niccoló Paganini is well known for his great skill as a violinist, not the least was helped by the fact that he had unusually long and flexible fingers in addition to great musicality.
On one occasion, as he was playing a serenade, one after the other, three of the four strings on the violin broke.
He simply finished the serenade playing all notes on the one remaining string!