Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Thu July 4, 2013
Where The Mask Seen In Global Protests Is Made
Originally published on Fri July 5, 2013 9:42 am
Remember the mask from protests here ...
... here ...
... and here?
Turns out some of those used here ...
... were made here:
During the Occupy protests two years ago, Slate had an excellent piece on the mask's origins and its use by protesters and the hacker group Anonymous. And The Guardian did a post on who owns the rights to the mask. Both are worth reading.
(h/t: Boing Boing)