Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue July 23, 2013
White Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Dead Dogs
The White County Sheriff's Office is investigating the discovery of four dead dogs found dumped in a ditch along a county road.
Chief Deputy Phillip Miller told The Daily Citizen that investigators have tried to question Kensett Animal Control Officer George Edwards about the case - but that Edwards would not make a statement without first consulting with a lawyer.
Edwards declined comment when contacted by the newspaper. Investigators say the cause of the dogs' deaths could not be determined.
Investigators also said they have visited the animal control office in Kensett and found the animals there in apparently good condition.
Authorities say the dead dogs were found by a county resident who contacted the sheriff's office.