Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sun February 2, 2014
Winter Weather Warning and Advisory
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for northwestern Arkansas and a winter weather advisory for most of the remainder of the state as a winter storm is expected to bring snow, sleet and freezing rain to the region.
Both the warning and the advisory are in effect until midnight Sunday. The weather service says two to four inches of freezing rain, sleet and snow are expected in the northwestern corner of the state and one to three inches is possible elsewhere.
Only the southern one-third of the state was not included in the advisories.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department reported slushy roadways in northwest Arkansas late Sunday morning.