Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
Local & Regional News
Sun February 2, 2014
Winter Weather Warning and Advisory
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for northwestern Arkansas and a winter weather advisory for most of the remainder of the state as a winter storm is expected to bring snow, sleet and freezing rain to the region.
Both the warning and the advisory are in effect until midnight Sunday. The weather service says two to four inches of freezing rain, sleet and snow are expected in the northwestern corner of the state and one to three inches is possible elsewhere.
Only the southern one-third of the state was not included in the advisories.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department reported slushy roadways in northwest Arkansas late Sunday morning.