Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Sun February 2, 2014
Winter Weather Warning and Advisory
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for northwestern Arkansas and a winter weather advisory for most of the remainder of the state as a winter storm is expected to bring snow, sleet and freezing rain to the region.
Both the warning and the advisory are in effect until midnight Sunday. The weather service says two to four inches of freezing rain, sleet and snow are expected in the northwestern corner of the state and one to three inches is possible elsewhere.
Only the southern one-third of the state was not included in the advisories.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department reported slushy roadways in northwest Arkansas late Sunday morning.