Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Mon December 2, 2013
Wintry Weather, Chilly Temps Predicted In Arkansas
The National Weather Service says colder temperatures and wintry precipitation is possible this week in Arkansas.
Forecasters say a cold front is expected to move through the state Wednesday and stall out in the southern part of Arkansas. The weather service says heavy rainfall is possible Thursday into Friday before transitioning to a wintry mix.
The weather service says more wintry weather is possible Saturday. Northwest Arkansas is expected to see snow, with a wintry mix expected in other areas of the state.
Forecasters say cold temperatures will persist throughout the weekend with many areas not rising above freezing on Saturday and Sunday. The weather service says the forecast is still uncertain at this point, and regular updates are planned.