Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue September 10, 2013
Womack: Opposed To Military Action Against Syria
Republican U.S. Rep. Steve Womack says he's voting against military action in Syria.
The two-term congressman from northwest Arkansas announced Monday that he's opposed to President Barack Obama's request to use military force against Syria, which U.S officials say killed more than 1,400 civilians with chemical weapons last month.
Womack had previously said he was leaning against the request. Womack on Monday said he had heard from constituents who don't support intervention, and said he didn't believe it was in the nation's interest.
Republican Rep. Tom Cotton is the only member of the state's delegation to back military action against Syria, with others announcing opposition to the move.