Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
This Is NPR
Fri February 28, 2014
Women Digital Thinkers Tweet A Day in Their Lives: Join Us For #NPRWIT
Originally published on Tue March 4, 2014 11:48 am
Across America, women are making strides in politics, media and the academy. But few women are leaders in the burgeoning technology industries. The latest research suggests that close to 90 percent of tech start-ups in Silicon Valley are launched by men.
So why are women the exception in top tech jobs, and what's being done to challenge that?
Throughout the month of March, Tell Me More host Michel Martin will explore these questions, on the radio and across social media. She'll host on-air discussions with women who are tech innovators; and on Twitter, Martin and the show's senior producer, Davar Ardalan, will moderate a digital conversation with more game-changing tech leaders around #NPRWIT.
"Conversations in the digital space are as important to Tell Me More as the ones we have on the radio. Looking forward to meeting innovative women engaging 140 characters at a time and adding yet one more layer to our storytelling. Also, can't wait to see the kinds of connections result," says Martin.