Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Mon June 10, 2013
Worker Electrocuted On Fayetteville Work Site
Authorities say a construction worker in Fayetteville was killed when his truck came in contact with a power line.
Authorities say the electrocution happened Sunday at the Vue Apartments work site in Fayetteville.
According to police, 44,-year-old Jess Wilson of Joplin, Mo., was suspended about 25 feet in the air while installing siding.
Authorities tell Fayetteville television station KHOG that Wilson's head touched a power line, causing the electrocution.
Authorities say Wilson was taken to Washington Regional Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.
A second worker was treated and released from the hospital after the incident. Authorities say it's the second fatal accident in two months at the work site.
Another worker died last month when the dirt pit he was digging collapsed on top of him.