Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Around the Nation
Tue December 31, 2013
Would-Be Robber Rejects Victim's Flip Phone
Originally published on Tue December 31, 2013 6:44 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
If you don't have a smartphone, no reason to envy those who do. Your old flip phone might be far smarter than you think. According to the New York Post, a man was being mugged in Central Park. The thief asked for his phone, then saw it was old, flip model. As the victim recalls, quote, "He looked at it like, what the bleep is this? And he gave it back to me."
There is that old saying, beggars can't be choosers. But perhaps this shows us that robbers can be. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.