Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Wynne Band Director Accused Of Indecency
The director of the Wynne High School band has been arrested on suspicion of sexual indecency with a child.
Nicholas Wayne Wooster appeared in court Thursday for a probable cause hearing.
The 35-year-old was released after District Judge Joe Boeckman set bond at $1,000.
According to The Jonesboro Sun, Wynne Police Detective Mike Smith said Wooster admitted kissing a teenage girl and exposing himself to her at school.
Smith said Wooster also asked the girl a number of inappropriate questions.
Wynne Superintendent Carl Easley said Wooster was in his first year as director after several years as an assistant.
Wooster has 30 days to appeal if he is fired or if his contract isn't renewed.
Wooster has been ordered to not attend school functions or have contact with students.