Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu October 17, 2013
Zoo Offers Scares With Halloween Attraction
The Little Rock Zoo will kick off its annual "Boo at the Zoo" attraction this weekend to provide Halloween-themed entertainment to families in central Arkansas.
A longtime tradition, the event features live music, carousel rides, a haunted house and a safe trick-or-treating environment for children and teenagers. The all-ages celebration also has a number of new attractions this year, including an event in which kids can trick-or-treat for toys as an alternative to candy and other sugar-filled snacks.
Spokeswoman Susan Altrui said the zoo is also hosting its annual adults-only preview Thursday night, which is available to attendees 21 and over.
"Rather than trick-or-treating for candy, they do trick-or-treat for adult beverages," Altrui said. "It is a fun way for adults to experience Boo at the Zoo before the actual event opens."
Boo at the Zoo will be open to the general public tomorrow night and runs until Sunday, Oct. 20. The attraction will open again on Oct. 25 and continue through Nov. 1, during which there will also be a "Day of the Dead" celebration.