Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Classical Afternoons on KLRE
With years of broadcasting experience and a lengthy list of performing credits under her belt, Mindy Ratner infuses her weekend programs with her knowledge and deep roots in the classical music community.
Ratner's broadcast career began at Wisconsin Public Radio and includes tenures at stations in Cincinnati and Philadelphia. She joined Minnesota Public Radio in 1983, and has become a fixture of the regional arts and culture scene.
Ratner appeared as narrator with several community orchestras in works as diverse as "A Lincoln Portrait" by Aaron Copland, Stravinsky's "A Soldier's Tale" and Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf," and she hosted live broadcasts of the Minnesota Orchestra's Sommerfest seasons for more than a decade. Her spare time is devoted to international travel; folk, ballroom, and contradancing; singing in the Minnesota Chorale; her two cats; and trying to stay ahead of the weeds in her garden.
August 24, 2013