Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Legislative Committee Rejects Removing Lee From King Holiday
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
Karen Tricot Steward
As Content Development Director, Karen Tricot Steward helps with the creation of news and cultural programming. She manages digital content on our website and social media platforms. She also works with local program producers and people who pitch programming ideas to public radio. In addition, Karen coordinates the internship program, helping fulfill public radio’s goal of serving the community by being a place of learning.
For her news reporting, Karen has won several awards from the Arkansas Associated Press for stories on topics like the Little Rock mayoral race and Iraq war veterans in Arkansas. She also won a first place award from the Society of Professional Journalists for investigative reporting. Karen has worked at Stone Ward, an advertising agency in Little Rock, as well as for the University of Utah and the University of Iowa. Karen has a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.