Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Wildlife Federation Opposes Ballot Issue 1
- Control Of Arkansas's Legislature Is Likely To Come Down To A Handful Of Races
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Arkansas Voters To Consider Issue 3, Proposing Ethics Reforms
- Latest Poll Shows Hutchinson Leading Race For Arkansas Governor
Robin Hilton is the producer and co-host for the popular NPR Music show All Songs Considered.
In addition to his work on All Songs, Hilton produces NPR Music live concerts and festival coverage across the country, including live broadcasts and webcasts from the Bonnaroo and Sasquatch festivals, South by Southwest and the Newport Folk Festival.
Prior to joining NPR in 2000, Hilton co-founded Small Good Thing Productions, a non-profit production company for independent film, radio and music in Athens, GA.
Hilton lived and worked in Japan as a translator for the government, and taught English as a second language to junior high school students.
From 1989 to 1996, Hilton worked for NPR member stations KANU and WUGA as a senior producer and assistant news director and was a long-time contributing reporter to NPR's daily news programs All Things Considered and Morning Edition.
Hilton is a multi-instrumentalist and composer. His original scores have appeared in work from National Geographic, Center Stage and, most recently, in the documentary film Open Secret. You can hear some of his music here.
Along the way, Hilton worked as an emergency room orderly, a blackjack dealer and a fruitcake factory assembly lineman.