Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri July 5, 2013
2 Arkansas Brothers Get Release Prior To Meth Trial
Two brothers from Little River County accused of selling $36,000 worth of methamphetamine to an undercover agent have been given their release pending trial.
A federal judge in Texarkana on Wednesday set a variety of conditions before telling 30-year-old Kevin Baker and 28-year-old Ronnie Walton they didn't have to remain incarcerated.
The men allegedly sold the methamphetamine to an undercover drug task force agent in 2010 but weren't arrested until last month.
The Texarkana Gazette reports an agent testified that the brothers stopped selling meth after Baker was shot six times during a robbery in 2011.
Trial dates have not been set for the men. Prosecutors say investigators are still working to learn who supplied meth to the suspects.