Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri October 18, 2013
20th Annual Race For The Cure
Over 36-thousand people are expected to take part in the 20th annual Race for the Cure Saturday morning, in downtown Little Rock.
Those interested can still register beginning at 6:00 AM tomorrow, with the first race starting at 7:30.
The event raises money for breast cancer screenings, research and awareness. Mike Gavigan, Chairman for Race for the Cure, says perspective is important.
"Somehow we take something that's so terrible, like breast cancer, and try to put a positive spin on it so we can pay it forward. So that all those other people in our families and lives don't ever have to go through what these women had to go through, " said Gavigan.
He says proceeds from last year’s race allowed over one million dollars to be donated to local clinics for screenings and over 400-thousand went for prevention research.
Visit Arkansas's Race for the Cure website for more information.