Most Active Stories
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
New Jobs In Arkansas
Fri April 5, 2013
500 New Jobs In Fort Smith, Arkansas Starting July
Fort Smith’s Regional Chamber of Commerce says hundreds of new jobs will be created in the city.
In July, a new Health Management Regional Service Center will employ 500 people and generate more than $21 million in gross annual compensation.
CEO for the Fort Smith’s Regional Chamber of Commerce, Paul Harvel, says this is important for the city.
“It’s going to be very good for us. It will start employing rather quickly. Payrolls are going to be very well. The main thing they will be doing is to continue recruiting nursing staffs, financial analysts, IT specialists, …a lot of different things will be in this particular center,” said Harvel, “It’s one of the largest announcements we’ve ever made. So we’re really excited about this as far as the number of employees.”
Harvel says the salary will range between $35,000 to $40,000 a year.
The new 90,000 square foot center will be located at the former Phoenix Village Mall in Fort Smith, Arkansas.