Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
New Jobs In Arkansas
Fri April 5, 2013
500 New Jobs In Fort Smith, Arkansas Starting July
Fort Smith’s Regional Chamber of Commerce says hundreds of new jobs will be created in the city.
In July, a new Health Management Regional Service Center will employ 500 people and generate more than $21 million in gross annual compensation.
CEO for the Fort Smith’s Regional Chamber of Commerce, Paul Harvel, says this is important for the city.
“It’s going to be very good for us. It will start employing rather quickly. Payrolls are going to be very well. The main thing they will be doing is to continue recruiting nursing staffs, financial analysts, IT specialists, …a lot of different things will be in this particular center,” said Harvel, “It’s one of the largest announcements we’ve ever made. So we’re really excited about this as far as the number of employees.”
Harvel says the salary will range between $35,000 to $40,000 a year.
The new 90,000 square foot center will be located at the former Phoenix Village Mall in Fort Smith, Arkansas.