Most Active Stories
- Benji Hardy Of The Arkansas Times On Rep. Justin Harris's "Rehomed" Daughters
- Winter Weather Closings For March 6, 2015
- Guns On Campus Bill Passes Arkansas House, Heads To Senate
- Arkansas Immigrants Prepare As President's Executive Orders Remain In Limbo
- Arkansas Lawmaker Plans To File Firing Squad Legislation
Local & Regional News
Thu May 8, 2014
Air Force Captain Charged With Child Pornography
The U.S. attorney's office says a captain at Little Rock Air Force Base has been indicted on counts of possession and distribution of child pornography.
Prosecutors said Thursday that 30-year-old Shane Padilla of Jacksonville was indicted Wednesday after being arrested in April.
U.S. Attorney Christopher Thyer says Padilla was ordered to have no contact with minors. He also had to surrender his passport and pilot's license pending his trial.
The public defender's office - which was appointed to represent Padilla - does not comment on pending cases. A plea hearing will be set later.
Thyer says that in May 2013, Homeland Security Department agents, as part of a large investigation, got a warrant to search Padilla's email. Prosecutors allege Padilla had pictures and videos of children engaged in sexual activity.