Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes on Music
Wed March 5, 2014
Antonin Dvorak: Breaking the Mold
Antonin Dvorak’s father owned a small inn and butcher shop in Austria. Antonin, the eldest of nine children, was expected to follow the vocation of his father, and grandfather, and become a butcher.
When he turned sixteen he begged his father to let him study music, and the rest is history.
However, it is unfortunately true that some musicians can still “butcher” a performance!