Most Active Stories
- Parkour May Run, Flip, Dive And Slide Its Way Into Olympics
- Bonnie Montgomery, Amy Garland & Mandy McBryde Perform On Not Necessarily Nashville
- Zone 5 Candidates For Little Rock School Board On The Issues
- Groundbreaking Held For $1.3 BIllion Steel Mill In East Arkansas
- Governor Commemorates AmeriCorps Turning 20
Notes on Music
Wed March 5, 2014
Antonin Dvorak: Breaking the Mold
Antonin Dvorak’s father owned a small inn and butcher shop in Austria. Antonin, the eldest of nine children, was expected to follow the vocation of his father, and grandfather, and become a butcher.
When he turned sixteen he begged his father to let him study music, and the rest is history.
However, it is unfortunately true that some musicians can still “butcher” a performance!