Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
JFK Assassination 50th Anniversary
Thu November 21, 2013
Arkansans With Connections to JFK Assassination
On the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, we examine various Arkansans who were part of the events that happened that day. It's the topic of a story that reporter Evin Demirel has compiled for the Arkansas Times.
KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward spoke with Demirel on Morning Edition.
Featured Arkansans include:
-Liz Carpenter, the former Arkansas Gazette D.C. Bureau writer
-Maurice McDonald of Camden, who arrested Lee Harvey Oswald. His story is told in the 2013 book Oswald and I.
-Long time Southwest Times Record newspaper editor Jack Moseley, who did one of the last interviews with President Kennedy and also covered Lee Harvey Oswald's funeral
-Arkansas Senator William Fulbright, who told President Kennedy he should not go to Dallas