Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Arkansas 2013 Sales Tax Holiday Set For Aug. 3-4
This year's back-to-school sales tax holiday in Arkansas is set for the first weekend in August, allowing consumers to save on clothing and school supplies.
Purchases made on Aug. 3-4 won't be subject to the state sales tax of 6.5 percent and will also be exempt from local sales taxes.
The exemption applies to clothing and footwear priced at less than $100, clothing accessories and equipment that costs less than $50 and various school supplies.
Computers and software are not included in the exemption. The sales tax holiday starts at 12:01 a.m., Aug. 3, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 4.
The Department of Finance and Administration estimates the holiday will cost about $2 million in state revenue.