Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Thu May 2, 2013
Arkansas AG Sues Greenbrier Used Car Dealer
The Arkansas attorney general's office is suing a Faulkner County used car dealer, claiming the business sold vehicles to which it didn't have clear title.
Attorney General Dustin McDaniel's office on Thursday sued Carco of Arkansas Inc. of Greenbrier, which the office says is owned by J. Eric Turner.
The lawsuit claims that Carco sold cars when it had not fully paid for the vehicles and thus did not have the titles. The cars were acquired from auctions and other dealers.
The suit also says the business didn't pay balances on trade-in vehicles in a timely fashion. The suit says it took Carco an average of five months to provide titles to cars it sold.
There was no answer Thursday afternoon at a phone number listed for Carco.