Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Sun August 4, 2013
Arkansas Arts Center Welcomes Old Masters And TheatreSquared Announces New Season
Todd Herman, Director of the Arkansas Arts Center discusses the Kenwood House exhibit, featuring works from Rembrandt, Van Dycke, Gainsborough and other masters. Herman tells how the exhibit came to Little Rock, one of only four U.S. cities to host it (Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee were the others) . He answers those pressing questions 'Why?' and 'How?' this impressive exhibit could possibly reach this small city. The exhibit closes September 28th.
Also, Bob Ford and Martin Miller, respectively the Artistic and Managing Directors of TheatreSquared in Fayettville, join for a discussion the venue's upcoming season. This Northwest Arkansas Repertory Theatre's 2013 season includes productions of 5 plays. The season opens with the world premiere of The Spiritualist by Ford and closes with Hamlet by William Shakespeare. The latter will be the first Shakespeare play TheatreSquared has done since the company was formed.