Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clears Way For Alcohol Ballot Measure
- Poll On Arkansas Ballot Issues Shows Mixed Results
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Event Celebrates Life Of Poet & Author Maya Angelou In SW Arkansas
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing On Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Case
Sun August 4, 2013
Arkansas Arts Center Welcomes Old Masters And TheatreSquared Announces New Season
Todd Herman, Director of the Arkansas Arts Center discusses the Kenwood House exhibit, featuring works from Rembrandt, Van Dycke, Gainsborough and other masters. Herman tells how the exhibit came to Little Rock, one of only four U.S. cities to host it (Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee were the others) . He answers those pressing questions 'Why?' and 'How?' this impressive exhibit could possibly reach this small city. The exhibit closes September 28th.
Also, Bob Ford and Martin Miller, respectively the Artistic and Managing Directors of TheatreSquared in Fayettville, join for a discussion the venue's upcoming season. This Northwest Arkansas Repertory Theatre's 2013 season includes productions of 5 plays. The season opens with the world premiere of The Spiritualist by Ford and closes with Hamlet by William Shakespeare. The latter will be the first Shakespeare play TheatreSquared has done since the company was formed.