Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue July 30, 2013
Arkansas Auditor: $11.3M In Unclaimed Property Returned
Arkansas Auditor Charlie Daniels' office says $11.3 million in unclaimed property was returned to owners in the past fiscal year.
Daniels' office on Monday announced that more than 13,000 Arkansans received a check for unclaimed property during the fiscal year that ended June 30.
The returns mark a 30 percent increase over the amount of claims paid in 2012.
The office credited its new online claims process with driving up the total paid out over the last year.
The auditor provides an online unclaimed property search as well as a mobile app for users with smartphones.
The office also annually publishes a list of owner names in newspapers around the state during the Great Arkansas Treasure Hunt.