Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue July 30, 2013
Arkansas Auditor: $11.3M In Unclaimed Property Returned
Arkansas Auditor Charlie Daniels' office says $11.3 million in unclaimed property was returned to owners in the past fiscal year.
Daniels' office on Monday announced that more than 13,000 Arkansans received a check for unclaimed property during the fiscal year that ended June 30.
The returns mark a 30 percent increase over the amount of claims paid in 2012.
The office credited its new online claims process with driving up the total paid out over the last year.
The auditor provides an online unclaimed property search as well as a mobile app for users with smartphones.
The office also annually publishes a list of owner names in newspapers around the state during the Great Arkansas Treasure Hunt.