Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Tue July 30, 2013
Arkansas Auditor: $11.3M In Unclaimed Property Returned
Arkansas Auditor Charlie Daniels' office says $11.3 million in unclaimed property was returned to owners in the past fiscal year.
Daniels' office on Monday announced that more than 13,000 Arkansans received a check for unclaimed property during the fiscal year that ended June 30.
The returns mark a 30 percent increase over the amount of claims paid in 2012.
The office credited its new online claims process with driving up the total paid out over the last year.
The auditor provides an online unclaimed property search as well as a mobile app for users with smartphones.
The office also annually publishes a list of owner names in newspapers around the state during the Great Arkansas Treasure Hunt.