Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed March 20, 2013
Arkansas Bill Criminalizes Killing Fetus From Conception
The Arkansas House has approved a bill that would criminalize the killing of a fetus from the moment of conception.
The bill now goes back to the Senate to approve an amendment adding additional exemptions, such as fetal deaths resulting from contraceptives or reproductive technology.
Supporters say the bill would make it easier to prosecute criminal cases involving the death of a pregnant woman.
Abortion rights advocates have said they're concerned the bill would lay the groundwork for further abortion restrictions in the state.