Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed March 20, 2013
Arkansas Bill Criminalizes Killing Fetus From Conception
The Arkansas House has approved a bill that would criminalize the killing of a fetus from the moment of conception.
The bill now goes back to the Senate to approve an amendment adding additional exemptions, such as fetal deaths resulting from contraceptives or reproductive technology.
Supporters say the bill would make it easier to prosecute criminal cases involving the death of a pregnant woman.
Abortion rights advocates have said they're concerned the bill would lay the groundwork for further abortion restrictions in the state.