Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Wed March 20, 2013
Arkansas Bill Criminalizes Killing Fetus From Conception
The Arkansas House has approved a bill that would criminalize the killing of a fetus from the moment of conception.
The bill now goes back to the Senate to approve an amendment adding additional exemptions, such as fetal deaths resulting from contraceptives or reproductive technology.
Supporters say the bill would make it easier to prosecute criminal cases involving the death of a pregnant woman.
Abortion rights advocates have said they're concerned the bill would lay the groundwork for further abortion restrictions in the state.