Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue November 12, 2013
Arkansas Candidates for Governor Address Educators Conference
The four announced candidates for Arkansas governor say they want to see an end to the Pulaski County school desegregation lawsuit and that they support school choice.
Republicans Curtis Coleman, Debra Hobbs and Asa Hutchinson joined Democrat Mike Ross at an education forum Tuesday in Hot Springs.
Taking questions from school administrators, the candidates largely agreed on support for trade schools, home schooling and giving students skills that make them employable.
Hobbs broke ranks with the other three to say she's open to providing vouchers for private schools.