Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue November 12, 2013
Arkansas Candidates for Governor Address Educators Conference
The four announced candidates for Arkansas governor say they want to see an end to the Pulaski County school desegregation lawsuit and that they support school choice.
Republicans Curtis Coleman, Debra Hobbs and Asa Hutchinson joined Democrat Mike Ross at an education forum Tuesday in Hot Springs.
Taking questions from school administrators, the candidates largely agreed on support for trade schools, home schooling and giving students skills that make them employable.
Hobbs broke ranks with the other three to say she's open to providing vouchers for private schools.