Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Local & Regional News
Mon June 3, 2013
Arkansas DHS Names Behavioral Health Services Director
The Arkansas Department of Human Services has named a new director for its Behavioral Health Services Division.
The agency on Monday named Joy Figarsky to the post.
DHS said in a news release that Figarsky has nearly 30 years of experience in the field.
The Behavioral Health Services Division handles treatment for 110,000 people per year.
The division's services include mental health, substance abuse prevention, treatment, and recovery services.
The division also operates the Arkansas State Hospital and the Arkansas Health Center in Benton.
Figarsky was most recently CEO of Ascent Children's Services in Jonesboro, which has over 500 employees and serves more than 800 children daily.