Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed October 2, 2013
Arkansas Exchange Board To Meet As Sign-up Continues
The board for Arkansas' insurance exchange is meeting a day after the sign-up period began for the online marketplace that was created under the federal health care law.
The Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace Board of Directors planned to meet Wednesday morning at the University of Arkansas System's B. Alan Sugg Boardroom.
The 11-member board was created this year to oversee the operation of the online marketplace where about 500,000 Arkansans are expected to compare policies and purchase insurance under the health overhaul.
Open enrollment for the exchange began Tuesday and runs through March 31. The panel planned to discuss its proposed operating rules, interim funding and the marketplace website.