Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri January 17, 2014
Arkansas Foodbank Marks 30 Years Of Nutrition
The Arkansas Foodbank in Little Rock is marking three decades of helping supply community food pantries. The organization serves 33 counties in central and southeast Arkansas.
On Friday, the group said it moved nearly 21 million pounds of food in 2013, an increase of 4.5 million pounds over 2012. By 2016, Arkansas Foodbank wants to handle 26 million pounds of food.
Gov. Mike Beebe and his wife, Ginger, attended the ceremony, where Ginger Beebe drew praise from organizers for her help with promoting the food bank.
The ceremony was held at the group's 73,000-square-foot warehouse, where it accepts donations from grocers, charitable groups and others. Arkansas Foodbank distributes enough food for 67,000 meals per day.