Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue May 28, 2013
Arkansas Foodies Get Free Meals On National Burger Day
With Memorial Day over, many Arkansans have put their grills away. However, two Back Yard Burger restaurants in central Arkansas are offering a special meal deal to customers Tuesday in honor of National Burger Day.
Elyse Hammett works with the Back Yard Burger chain in Arkansas. She says Burger Day began in Michigan in the 1930s and later became an annual event enjoyed by foodies nationwide.
“What’s really beautiful about National Burger Day is that it follows the day when we honor our veterans,” Hammett said. “Think about it, veterans usually spend their time after Memorial Day traveling back from being with loved ones and in those travels they have the opportunity to stop and eat.”
Hammett says the first 100 guests at Back Yard Burger locations in Benton and Bryant Tuesday will receive a free burger grilled to order starting at 11:30 when the restaurants open.