Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Wed August 7, 2013
Arkansas Girl With Brain-Eating Parasite Beating Incredible Odds
Doctors treating the 12-year-old Arkansas girl who contracted a brain-eating parasite while playing at a water park say she is now off a ventilator and has made remarkable progress given the odds.
KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward has an update on her condition, including what her care team believes contributed to her recovery.