Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue November 12, 2013
Arkansas Governor's Name Misspelled On Monument
Officials with the planned U.S. Marshals Museum say they'll fix a 15,000-pound monument that misspells the name of Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe.
A ceremony was held Saturday dedicating the monument for the $50 million museum to be built along the Arkansas River. But at the ceremony, officials noticed that the governor's last name was misspelled on the stone as "Bebee."
U.S. Marshals Museum President and CEO James Dunn tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that the mistake is "100 percent fixable."
The museum's Hall of Honor will recognize 250 federal marshals who have died in the line of duty. Groundbreaking on the museum is set for September 2014, with an opening scheduled for late 2016 or early 2017.