Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
Local & Regional News
Tue November 12, 2013
Arkansas Governor's Name Misspelled On Monument
Officials with the planned U.S. Marshals Museum say they'll fix a 15,000-pound monument that misspells the name of Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe.
A ceremony was held Saturday dedicating the monument for the $50 million museum to be built along the Arkansas River. But at the ceremony, officials noticed that the governor's last name was misspelled on the stone as "Bebee."
U.S. Marshals Museum President and CEO James Dunn tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that the mistake is "100 percent fixable."
The museum's Hall of Honor will recognize 250 federal marshals who have died in the line of duty. Groundbreaking on the museum is set for September 2014, with an opening scheduled for late 2016 or early 2017.