Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue November 12, 2013
Arkansas Governor's Name Misspelled On Monument
Officials with the planned U.S. Marshals Museum say they'll fix a 15,000-pound monument that misspells the name of Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe.
A ceremony was held Saturday dedicating the monument for the $50 million museum to be built along the Arkansas River. But at the ceremony, officials noticed that the governor's last name was misspelled on the stone as "Bebee."
U.S. Marshals Museum President and CEO James Dunn tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that the mistake is "100 percent fixable."
The museum's Hall of Honor will recognize 250 federal marshals who have died in the line of duty. Groundbreaking on the museum is set for September 2014, with an opening scheduled for late 2016 or early 2017.