Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Mon December 16, 2013
Arkansas Health Department: Raw Milk Poses Serious Risk to Pregnant Women, Children
The Arkansas Department of Health is endorsing the American Academy of Pediatrics' raw milk policy statement.
It's recommending all Arkansans – especially pregnant women, infants and children – avoid consuming raw milk and raw milk products.
Raw milk can transmit bacterial infections. Dr. Gary Wheeler with the Arkansas Department of Health says the risk of dairy-related outbreaks caused by raw milk is at least 150 times greater than that of pasteurized milk.