Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue May 14, 2013
Arkansas Highway 549 To Open To Traffic Wednesday
Arkansas highway officials say Highway 549 in Texarkana is set to open to traffic.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says the highway that's part of the Interstate 49 corridor will open during the day Wednesday. The corridor will connect the Gulf of Mexico to Canada with part of the roadway crossing western Arkansas.
A dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony for Highway 549 in Texarkana was held April 30th with plans to open the road last week. However, poor weather conditions in the region contributed to a delay in opening the stretch to traffic.