Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue May 14, 2013
Arkansas Highway 549 To Open To Traffic Wednesday
Arkansas highway officials say Highway 549 in Texarkana is set to open to traffic.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says the highway that's part of the Interstate 49 corridor will open during the day Wednesday. The corridor will connect the Gulf of Mexico to Canada with part of the roadway crossing western Arkansas.
A dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony for Highway 549 in Texarkana was held April 30th with plans to open the road last week. However, poor weather conditions in the region contributed to a delay in opening the stretch to traffic.