Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Arkansas Highway Officials OK Construction Project For I-40 Near Little Rock
Arkansas highway officials have approved a bid for widening Interstate 40 between Mayflower and Maumelle north of Little Rock.
The $21 million contract was awarded to the Kiewit Infrastructure South Co. of Fort Worth, Texas.
The construction project will stretch from just north of Mayflower in Faulkner County to the Arkansas 365 exit near Maumelle in Pulaski County.
Work will begin within the next two to four weeks and be done by spring 2015.
Work is currently under way to widen the highway from Mayflower to Conway.