Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Arkansas Highway Officials OK Construction Project For I-40 Near Little Rock
Arkansas highway officials have approved a bid for widening Interstate 40 between Mayflower and Maumelle north of Little Rock.
The $21 million contract was awarded to the Kiewit Infrastructure South Co. of Fort Worth, Texas.
The construction project will stretch from just north of Mayflower in Faulkner County to the Arkansas 365 exit near Maumelle in Pulaski County.
Work will begin within the next two to four weeks and be done by spring 2015.
Work is currently under way to widen the highway from Mayflower to Conway.