Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Arkansas Highway Officials OK Construction Project For I-40 Near Little Rock
Arkansas highway officials have approved a bid for widening Interstate 40 between Mayflower and Maumelle north of Little Rock.
The $21 million contract was awarded to the Kiewit Infrastructure South Co. of Fort Worth, Texas.
The construction project will stretch from just north of Mayflower in Faulkner County to the Arkansas 365 exit near Maumelle in Pulaski County.
Work will begin within the next two to four weeks and be done by spring 2015.
Work is currently under way to widen the highway from Mayflower to Conway.