Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
Arkansas Home Sales Up 18 Percent From Last Year
The Arkansas Realtors Association said Friday that home sales are up 18% from this time last year.
Realtor Carolyn Cobb with Coldwell Banker says several things have contributed to the market’s current success.
"Factors just being interest rates remaining low, and people moving before school starts or getting houses closed so they can get their children in school," said Cobb.
Cobb says the Arkansas housing market experienced a decrease in 2006 and is now leveling off. But the average price for the 43 county area surveyed was down about $1,500 from last year.