Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
Arkansas Home Sales Up 18 Percent From Last Year
The Arkansas Realtors Association said Friday that home sales are up 18% from this time last year.
Realtor Carolyn Cobb with Coldwell Banker says several things have contributed to the market’s current success.
"Factors just being interest rates remaining low, and people moving before school starts or getting houses closed so they can get their children in school," said Cobb.
Cobb says the Arkansas housing market experienced a decrease in 2006 and is now leveling off. But the average price for the 43 county area surveyed was down about $1,500 from last year.