Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
Arkansas Home Sales Up 18 Percent From Last Year
The Arkansas Realtors Association said Friday that home sales are up 18% from this time last year.
Realtor Carolyn Cobb with Coldwell Banker says several things have contributed to the market’s current success.
"Factors just being interest rates remaining low, and people moving before school starts or getting houses closed so they can get their children in school," said Cobb.
Cobb says the Arkansas housing market experienced a decrease in 2006 and is now leveling off. But the average price for the 43 county area surveyed was down about $1,500 from last year.