Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Wed April 24, 2013
Arkansas House Speaker Eyeing 2014 Governor's Race
House Speaker Davy Carter says he's considering running for governor next year, but wants some time after the session to decide whether to join the race.
The Republican from Cabot told reporters Tuesday he's thought about and discussed a run for governor, but said he wanted to spend time at home to think about the race.
Carter later said he didn't have a timeline for making a decision and declined to say with whom he's been discussing a run. Lawmakers on Tuesday wrapped up this year's legislative session.
Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the GOP gubernatorial nomination. Former Lt. Gov. Bill Halter and former Congressman Mike Ross are seeking the Democratic nomination. Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe is term-limited and can't run for re-election.