Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Arkansas Insurance Department To Hold Health Insurance Marketplace Kick Off Event
The Clinton School of Public Service is partnering with the state Insurance Department to host an enrollment event for the new Health Insurance Marketplace. Doors open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, October 1, and the public is welcome until 7 p.m.
Guides will help people compare insurance plans and learn how much financial aid they qualify for. The Arkansas Insurance Department’s Public Information Manger, Heather Haywood, says adults ages 18 to 64 are welcome to attend.
"[The Clinton School] approached the Arkansas Insurance Department about hosting this event, and it is an opportunity for the public to come on the very first day that enrollment is open in the new health insurance marketplace [so they] will be able to enroll," says Haywood.
She says anyone who plans to enroll should visit the Arkansas Health Connector website for more information on what to bring to the event.