Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Arkansas Insurance Department To Hold Health Insurance Marketplace Kick Off Event
The Clinton School of Public Service is partnering with the state Insurance Department to host an enrollment event for the new Health Insurance Marketplace. Doors open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, October 1, and the public is welcome until 7 p.m.
Guides will help people compare insurance plans and learn how much financial aid they qualify for. The Arkansas Insurance Department’s Public Information Manger, Heather Haywood, says adults ages 18 to 64 are welcome to attend.
"[The Clinton School] approached the Arkansas Insurance Department about hosting this event, and it is an opportunity for the public to come on the very first day that enrollment is open in the new health insurance marketplace [so they] will be able to enroll," says Haywood.
She says anyone who plans to enroll should visit the Arkansas Health Connector website for more information on what to bring to the event.