Most Active Stories
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Former Treasurer Convicted Of Bribery, Extortion
Local & Regional News
Mon October 28, 2013
Arkansas Lt. Gov. Sued Over Personal Cell Phone Number
A lawyer and blogger is suing Arkansas Lt. Gov. Mark Darr for withholding his personal cell phone number from an open records request.
Matt Campbell on Monday filed a complaint in Pulaski County Circuit Court that accused the Republican lieutenant governor of violating the state's Freedom of Information Act by redacting the number from records released by his office. Campbell runs the Democratic-leaning Blue Hog Report website.
The number was redacted when Darr's office responded to Campbell's request for all billing and usage records for phones assigned to the lieutenant governor's office. It cited privacy concerns, according to the lawsuit.
Campbell argues state law doesn't exempt an elected official's personal cell phone number from release when it appears on the logs for state-provided phones.