Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon October 28, 2013
Arkansas Lt. Gov. Sued Over Personal Cell Phone Number
A lawyer and blogger is suing Arkansas Lt. Gov. Mark Darr for withholding his personal cell phone number from an open records request.
Matt Campbell on Monday filed a complaint in Pulaski County Circuit Court that accused the Republican lieutenant governor of violating the state's Freedom of Information Act by redacting the number from records released by his office. Campbell runs the Democratic-leaning Blue Hog Report website.
The number was redacted when Darr's office responded to Campbell's request for all billing and usage records for phones assigned to the lieutenant governor's office. It cited privacy concerns, according to the lawsuit.
Campbell argues state law doesn't exempt an elected official's personal cell phone number from release when it appears on the logs for state-provided phones.