Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Mon June 10, 2013
Arkansas Mother Accused Of Tossing Baby Boy In Trash
Authorities in Jefferson County have arrested a 22-year-old mother of three after her infant son was found unharmed in a garbage bin.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says Brittany Cole was arrested Sunday on suspicion of endangering the welfare of a minor.
The sheriff's office says Cole's mother called 911 late Saturday after finding the baby boy in an outdoor trash bin.
Authorities say the grandmother immediately pulled the baby from the garbage bin, and paramedics determined the child wasn't hurt.
According to the sheriff's office, Cole told authorities she was tired of caring for her son and could no longer continue to do so.
Cole remained in the Jefferson County jail on Monday. Authorities did not know if she had an attorney.