Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon June 10, 2013
Arkansas Mother Accused Of Tossing Baby Boy In Trash
Authorities in Jefferson County have arrested a 22-year-old mother of three after her infant son was found unharmed in a garbage bin.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says Brittany Cole was arrested Sunday on suspicion of endangering the welfare of a minor.
The sheriff's office says Cole's mother called 911 late Saturday after finding the baby boy in an outdoor trash bin.
Authorities say the grandmother immediately pulled the baby from the garbage bin, and paramedics determined the child wasn't hurt.
According to the sheriff's office, Cole told authorities she was tired of caring for her son and could no longer continue to do so.
Cole remained in the Jefferson County jail on Monday. Authorities did not know if she had an attorney.